Blythe LaGasse, Ph.D., MT-BC
Dr. LaGasse began Summit Music Therapy in 2004 with the vision of offering quality music therapy services in Northern Colorado. Blythe holds a Ph.D. in Music Education/Therapy with a minor in Communication Neuroscience from the University of Kansas. She completed the Neurologic Music Therapy training in 2001 and completed the Fellow of Neurologic Music Therapy training in 2004. Blythe also holds basic certification in DIR/Floortime from the Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning.
Blythe has been practicing music therapy since 2001, working with area music therapy companies before founding her private practice. She has experience working with children and adolescents who have disabilities including autism, emotional/behavioral disorder, learning disabilities, and developmental disabilities. Blythe has advanced training working with people who have autism and motor/speech disabilities.
Music Therapy Publications & Conferences
Blythe is an active researcher and has contributed to several texts including:
- The Neurologic Music Therapy Handbook (2014)
- Music, Health and Wellbeing: Therapy Education, and Communication (2012)
- Developments in Music Therapy Practice: Case Study Perspectives (2011)
- An Introduction to Music Therapy: Theory and Practice (2008)
- Introduction to Approaches in Music Therapy (2004)